Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My 2008 Christmas book wish list


My wife keeps asking me what do I want for Christmas. I would say, get me a book. And of course I would get the annual response: "c'mon, that's not really fun." I understand where she and all my friends and family alike are coming from. At the outset, it may seem dull, and a hackneyed response to say I want a book. BUT that is what I really want. In fact, I don't want just one, I want lots. So here is my "2008 Christmas book(s) wish list:" So if, Santa Clause is out there....please read this, and send it to my home in Red Lion.

“Dictionary of Latin & Greek Theological Terms” by Richard A. Muller (Baker Books) [$20.00]

“Baptist Confessions of Faith” by William Lumpkin (Judson Press) [$15.00]*

“The Effective Executive: The Definitive Guide to Getting the Right Things Done”
by Peter F. Drucker (Collins) [$12.00]

Criswell’s Guidebook for Pastors” by W.A. Criswell (Baptist Sunday School Board) [used- $10.00]

“The Pastor: His Life and Work” by Charles U. Wagner (RBP) [used - $11.00]

“How Long O Lord?: Reflections on Suffering and Evil” by D.A. Carson (Baker) [$15.00]

“Preaching Words: 144 Key Terms in Homiletics” by John S. McClure (Westminster Knox Press) [$20.00]

(*) Indicates which one I really, really, really would like to have.

No comments: